4 X Water Activated Lifejacket Led - Solas Approved
Water activated powerful LED flashing light
- Meets SOLAS regulation
- Fits all life jackets and PFD's
The lifejacket light is designed for use on all types of lifejackets and is supplied with a fixing clip. The clip is normally placed behind a belt of lifejacket or fixed through the fibre near shoulder. The user must ensure that the light is attached securely and is in the correct position on the lifejacket to provide maximum visibility when in the water.
The lifejacket light is activated automatically when the water sensors are immersed in water. Once the light has been activated (and automatically switches on), the light sequence can be manually changed by pressing the button on the unit. With each press of the butt on the light sequence changes from FLASHING, STEADY, SOS to OFF. Once the light has been turned off it can only be switched back on by wetting the water sensors.
The lifejacket light is maintenance free, but the following checks should be made annually:
- Inspect light for signs of damage or corrosion.
- Test the light by immersing the water sensor in water, and ensure the light begins to flash. Press the button on the unit to ensure the light sequence changes from FLASHING, STEADY, SOS to OFF.
The life of the lifejacket light is five years from the date of manufacture; the expiry date is shown on the label affixed to the product. On expiry the light should be removed from lifejacket, discarded appropriately and replaced with a new one.
The lifejacket light contains a Lithium battery. These must be handled correctly:
- Do not dismantle batt ery pack
- Do not make any external electrical connection
- Do not recharge
- Do not incinerate
- Store between -30 & +65 degrees Celsius