Life Raft Light Solas Approved
Life Raft Light LED - Solas Approved
Powerful LED life raft light - MED & SOLAS approved.
The life raft light comprises of three items:
1) The external light with waterproof wiring (133cm) and connector
2) The internal light with waterproof wiring (72cm) and connector
3) Battery body
The external light and internal light are connected with battery body by two individual wire-connectors. The battery powers both of the internal and external lights. When the life raft is inflated, the battery can be automatically activated by pulling out the pull cord which will activate both of the lights at the same time. The external light is a high intensity 4.3cd flashing light for mounting externally on a life raft to signal for rescue. The internal light is a steady light for adequate visibility inside a covered life raft . The three units are sealed and watertight.
When the life raft is inflated, the battery can be activated by pulling out pull cord. When the pull cord is pulled out the external and internal lights are activated at the same time. The user can press "internal light" switch to turn off or on the internal light, and press "external light" switch to turn off or on the external light. These manual operations allow for battery saving during the daytime ensuring for maximum battery longevity. If the user wants to turn off these two light completely, the pull cord can be returned to its original 'off' position.
The life raft light is maintenance free, but the following checks should be made at each service of the life raft:
- Inspect light and battery for signs of damage or corrosion.
- Check the expiry date shown on the label affixed on the battery pack. If the date is more than 5 years after date of manufacture, the life raft light must be removed and replaced with a new light.
- Test the light by pulling out the pull cord carefully, the external light must flash and the internal light must light. Check that the manual buttons turn off and on the internal and external lights separately. Return the pull cord to its original 'off’ position.
The life of the life raft light is five years from the date of manufacture; the expiry date is shown on the label affixed to the product. On expiry the light should be removed from life raft, discarded appropriately and replaced with a new one.
The life raft light contains a Lithium battery. These must be handled correctly:
- Do not dismantle battery pack
- Do not make any external electrical connection
- Do not recharge
- Do not incinerate
- Store between -30 & +65 degrees Celsius